The significance of marketing in securing suitable occupants should be recognized by owners of rental properties. You’re losing out on a fantastic opportunity if you still haven’t used virtual tours! Giving prospective tenants the option to view your rental homes virtually can be a great way to show them what to expect before they ever set foot on the property. The advantages of virtual tours for your rental property marketing will be discussed in the paragraphs that follow, along with the reasons that every owner of a rental property should make use of them.
Virtual Tour Basics
Renters can virtually explore a rental home by using a computer-generated simulation called a virtual tour. Virtual tours offer an immersive and comprehensive view of each room, in contrast to photographs that display the property from a restricted vantage point. In addition, virtual tours let potential tenants see how large rooms and other spaces would be as well as how their furniture will fit in the room.
Virtual tours of rental properties are preferred by many tenants, according to recent research. According to the research compiled by Zumper, more than 70% of tenants said they would be open to renting an apartment without physically seeing it as long as they could take a 3D virtual tour of it first.
Types of Virtual Tours
Virtual tours offer potential tenants an immersive experience by enabling them to examine your rental homes from any location without physically being there. Before they see the property, they will be able to assess whether the place meets their demands and grasp it. 360-degree, 3D virtual tour, and virtual reality virtual tours are the three primary varieties of virtual tours available to you.
1. 360-degree Virtual Tour: A 360-degree virtual tour is produced by combining multiple photos into one panoramic picture. By means of clicking and dragging, these virtual excursions provide prospective tenants with a comprehensive view of a room in a single image. The 360-degree virtual tours are a great choice for rental property owners who are new to using virtual tours because they are inexpensive and simple to create.
2. 3D Virtual Tour: Potential tenants can explore the property as if they were physically present via a three-dimensional (or “true”) virtual tour, which offers a more immersive experience than a 360-degree virtual tour. These tours are made by taking a lot of pictures of a rental home and then putting them together with specialist software. Three-dimensional virtual excursions are predominantly employed for upscale rental properties as a consequence of the substantial time and effort invested in generating top-notch results.
3. Virtual Reality Tour: The newest and most interesting method of viewing properties is through virtual reality (VR) tours. Potential tenants can explore every corner of the home by donning a VR headset and moving around the premises as if they were in person. Virtual reality tours were previously uncommon, but as VR technology becomes more widely available, they are showing up more frequently.
The Benefits of Using Virtual Tours
After discussing the fundamentals of virtual tours, let’s look at some advantages for marketing your rental property with them.
• Convenience. Virtual tours are extremely convenient, which is their main advantage. Renters who are interested in your properties can visit them without having to leave their homes or work schedules. Particularly advantageous is this service for international or out-of-state renters who need to schedule a visit to personally inspect the premises.
• 24/7 Availability. Seven days a week, twenty-four hours a day, virtual tours are offered. This implies that prospective renters won’t have to accommodate your availability; instead, they can visit your rental units on their own time.
• Increased Online Engagement. Also shown to boost engagement are virtual tours. Digital presence in search engines or SEO can be enhanced with virtual tours for your rental property. Including a virtual tour in your property listing is an excellent way to increase your search engine ranking and provide Google with fresh content.
How to Optimize Your Virtual Tours
Now that you are aware of the advantages of virtual tours, here are some pointers to assist you maximize their use:
• Quality Matters. It’s better to use high-quality images and videos as grainy or low-resolution images are bad for virtual tours. Make use of high-quality virtual tour information if you want prospective tenants to appreciate your rental buildings.
• Include a Call to Action. You should end your virtual tour with a call to action (CTA). Motivating prospective tenants to schedule a showing or contact you for additional information is an example of a CTA, which can take the form of a statement or icon. Potential tenants can advance closer to becoming actual tenants by taking action, which is made possible by the inclusion of a CTA.
It’s a fantastic idea to give prospective tenants a sense for your rental homes virtually, and virtual tours make that easy. The time is now to begin utilizing virtual tours in your rental property marketing if you haven’t already. Contact your local Real Property Management office today to learn more about incorporating virtual tours into your rental property marketing.
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the Nation. See Equal Housing Opportunity Statement for more information.